Thursday, November 26, 2009

Great news - no tumour!

I had my follow up appointment after my MRI yesterday, and great news - no tumours! I have to say, I thought about correcting the Dr when he said my brain was "normal"... I mean, really, there must be synapses communicating like crazy in there - surely my brain is better than normal LOL! He was a little taken aback when I asked for a picture of the MRI - and I'm not totally sure what I'll do with it anyway, but for some reason, i think it would be cool to have. Especially in the absence of tumours :)
Bad news is that they still have no idea what caused my hearing loss, and really the only thing they can do is screw some sort of hearing aid into my head, which would send the sound into my left (good) ear... I'm not too keen on that, and it won't stop the ringing anyway, so since I think I'm pretty well adjusted, i'm going with status quo. Besides, it is nice to sometimes put the people I don't want to hear on my right so I can ignore them with a good excuse...
I'll go back in a year for another hearing test but other than that, life goes on. And I can sleep well now, knowing that I have no tumours!!

1 comment:

  1. Weew, that is indeed great news! Tumors can be a start of something bigger when it comes to health problems. But how about the loss of hearing? Loss of hearing need not be a big problem with the use of hearing aids, and with the help of your loved ones, you'll be just fine. I hope you're doing well for now. :)

    [Serena Outland]

    ReplyDelete