Sunday, August 9, 2009

Good news about Golf, Wii, and Festivals

I have been worried that my slightly less-balanced self would have trouble hitting balls now... so today I hit the driving range to check it out. Great news - somehow my aim seems to have improved slightly! It was only one time, so I'm not going to start bragging about being the next Annika Sonrenstam or anything, but definitely a good sign that the hearing won't affect my golf. Yay!
I also think the Wii Fit will help me to continue to improve my balance. Today I hooked it up and tried it out. Turns out, for the most part, I did alright - the only difficult ones were the exercises where you have to stand on one foot. My Wii age has gone down by a couple of years too! I'm only 29 now! Seriously, those Nintendo scientists are brilliant!!!
After all these successes, I decided to venture out with the dog over to the Festival of Friends for another try at being in a loud public place. We walked over to the park, and I found it much easier today. It might have been that there were significantly less people, or that it was daylight rather than night, or that there was country bands playing instead of heavier rock, but in any case, I was able to actuallly go into the park and hang out an watch the show for a bit. It was the Wilkinsons, and they were really good. I forgot how fun country music can be!
So all in all, today was a great one-eared day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh you have to love the country music!

    Glad that while you your hearing has still not returned you are sorting out how to deal with it. True to form, you might get knocked down, but you get up again.

    Please keep posting. With the craziness of life, I still have not seen you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...this blog reads like a novel... very well written... I can't stop reading!

    ReplyDelete