Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Healer at the Pool

Today, after waking up to silence, checking the phone buttons again (and yes, I swear I can slightly hear the tones), and doing a few hours of packing, I went off to my sister's for a swim in her condo's pool. Luckily it was relatively quiet at the pool - two guys and my sister and I. As we started chatting with them, one of the guys - Derek - mentioned that he was a teacher and a "healer". I jokingly asked him if he's ever healed anyone who had suddenly lost their hearing, and gave him a brief synopsis of my situation. He then spent about a half hour "feeling" me - not that way - just sitting, concentrating on my energy. He asked me why I thought this had happened to me, and I explained that it was apparently just some random thing, nothing I had done or could have done to prevent it. But he was stuck on this, and asked several times. Then he spent another twenty minutes or so, tapping my Meridian points, having me concentrate on my ear and chant. It was... interesting. I'm up to trying anything, and he was absolutely determined that this would help. Afterwards, he got me to try his phone to see if I could hear it, and I definitely could. Not sure if it's any better, but if anything, I felt relaxed after the "healing"...
But this has made me wonder why this has happened. I think maybe it really was someone telling me to slow down and relax. It has forced me to pause in my work and actually take some time off, and has helped me to really enjoy relaxing. I think perhaps this is one of those life-changing events that will help me to live a more personally rewarding life. So, even though I am back to work tomorrow, I am remembering that it is a j.o.b. and there's a lot more to life. So I will be home in time to spend some fun time with the dog, my family or a friend. I will also be finding time to do some sort of physical activity - whether it's a jog/bike with the dog or an hour at the gym. That's it. Perhaps this was a reminder about these things that I have put on pause during the insanity at work...
Who knows? Maybe I'll even have time for a man now too!!! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment