Monday, August 3, 2009

Part 6 - Day 12

Day 12 - Monday, August 3
This morning, when I woke up and didn't hear the birds chirping, I was so sure that it was because they actually weren't singing yet. I didn't want to roll over to give my left ear the chance to hear and prove me wrong. I laid there for several minutes, and then finally decided I had to move. I rolled over and sure enough, the birds were chirping and the wind was whispering through the big maple tree next door. It sounded beautiful, but it reminded me that my right ear was still deaf.
I had an idea, though. I am so certain that my hearing will come back. I decided to test it on the phone. I plugged my left ear and held the phone up to my right one. I strained to see if I could hear the dial tone, but I couldn't. So then I pressed some buttons, and I honestly think I could hear them through my right ear! I think this is definitely new hope. I'm going to try this later today to see if it gets louder.
My plans to keep busy today include fixing the gate on my house so that it's nicer for the lady moving in, going for lunch with my friend Scott, and maybe some more packing.
Two more days until I go back to work. I'm really hoping I can hear by that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment