Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Part 8 - I think I can, I think I can...

Tuesday, August 4
Today I tried the phone thing again - and I really think I can hear the beeps in my bad ear. I even called my own number and got the "please enter your password" message - and I could slightly hear something... couldn't make out words or anything but there was some vibration getting through. HOPE!
I have also started thinking about how life really won't be that bad without hearing in one ear. For example:
- When vacationing with my snoring mother, I only need one ear plug now!
- at least it's my right ear - I can still go through Tim's drive thrus no problem
- I can make sure the really annoying people in meetings sit on my bad ear side so I don't hear them muttering negative things under their breath
- I've been alcohol and caffeine free for over a week now - surely this will help on my way to a more healthy lifestyle
Really, it's not that bad. Hopefully I will get used to being in busy, loud places and will learn to tune into my own conversations and tune out the background. That will make a big difference.
But for now, I am sure I hear the beeps so I think I can get this hearing back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment